The 1957 Iron Cross 1st Class (Eisener Kreuz 1. Klasse) came about in the post war years due to Germany's strict laws prohibiting the wearing or display of the swastika. On 26 July 1957 the West German government authorized Iron Cross 1st Class award replacement with an Oak Leaf Cluster in place of the swastika. This allowed World War II Iron Cross recipients the ability to display their awards in public without civil or political repercussion. These are very nice reproductions featuring sharp details and very nice silver plating.